Friday 6 February 2015

Who lives in a house like this?

Day 80(?) I think it's day 80 but to be honest, I've lost the plot. I just know its been a lot of walks. And what's worse is that Phileas Fogg managed to get around the whole world in 80 days and I've only just managed to get around Bradford on Avon which is really depressing. Mind you, he took a hot air balloon which is a bit kinder on the feet and knees.

So who lives in this house then? (Get me a bandage for my hand: I seem to be turning into Keith Lemon. Or possibly Lloyd Grossman. Two of the most irritating TV personalities on British TV). We stopped for a biscuit in Freshford today and across the valley was this huge mansion of a house. It's a beautiful building as you can see and would have had lovely views when it was built.


But then this popped up!


How on earth did the farmer get planning permission for his barn when its right below that huge house? Can't be an MP living there then!

We did 10 miles today and another clear, dry day. I really hope we're not using up all our good weather luck too early, so when we have the really long walks in March it will be torrential storms and gales. Can you imagine walking for 11 hours in horrible British weather? Surely that's worth a bit of sponsorship (bulldozer hint - see the link on the right!).

No comments:

Post a Comment