Saturday 7 February 2015

... And Many Facial Tics

Day 85. First of all I must say Hola and Salut to my international audience! I'm so excited to think that someone other than my family has found my blog!

Onto the business of the blog: today I joined the Winsley Walkers again and realised how much fitter I've become. I used to struggle to keep up with these seasoned walkers, but today I was striding out in front and even got to look at the view instead of concentrating on my feet.

This was a really beautiful walk through villages and valleys. We spotted rabbits, sheep, donkeys, shetland ponies and golfers. We crossed a stream through a field, the more observant of us choosing the old bridge, while the others waded through a bog. Lunch was in a lovely old pub where the food was good but the welcome was chilly; the landlady rolled her eyes so often I began to wonder if she had a facial tic.


You might recognise the village; it's used in quite a lot of films and TV programmes including Wolf Hall which is  TV at its best!

No comments:

Post a Comment