Tuesday 3 February 2015

Going slightly mad

Day 76, I guess it must be. I'm losing track a bit.

This was a Wednesday and so I decided to go for a brisk hour, just anywhere within walking distance. Wanting to avoid those fast roads, I walked into and around Trowbridge, in the dark, on my own, without a dog. Which looks a bit odd really. It looked even odder due to my head gear. The house was lovely and cosy when I left so I didn't pick up my woolly hat. Flippin heck, did I regret that? My ears were about to fall off with frostbite it was so cold. And then I remembered the masterclass I was given at Christmas on the many transformations for a buff! Did you know, it can be a scarf, a headband, a muffler, a balaclava, and even .... a hat?!

Of course, as a seasoned walker, I had my multifuntional headgear with me, so turned it inside out, twisted an end and, hey presto, a little hat! But I knew it looked ridiculous, so whenever anyone was anywhere near me, I would whip off the hat quick; I didn't want to look too much like the local mad woman, did I? But when I got home I caught sight of myself in the mirror, and all that hat removing and replacing had not done good things to my hair. The local madwoman was staring right back at me from my mirror! Should have worn it as a balaclava and gone the whole nine yards!

No comments:

Post a Comment