Friday 26 December 2014

Walking Backwards for Christmas

Day 45. You may think I haven't been out for a walk for 23 days. Blimey, I didn't realise it was 3 weeks since I last got on here until I counted back. Trust me, I have walked. I have the mud soaked boots and the worn out blister plasters to prove it.

But its been the run up to Christmas so I've been a bit busy to get onto the laptop. But now all the cards have been chosen, written, posted and displayed; the presents have been bought, wrapped, delivered and opened; the food has been deliberated over, bought, prepared and eaten; and the house has been cleaned, cleaned, cleaned and dirtied. Its been a hectic few weeks but it was well worth it as we had a wonderful day with the family.

So back to the training programme. I know its traditional to go for a walk on Boxing Day, but we will procrastinate until tomorrow. After all, its been dry for a few days so we need to ensure those paths have had the chance to get muddy and slippery again with today's rainfall...

A picture may follow soon of me on my latest acquisition to prepare for this walk: a gym ball to tone up those infamous core muscles. So far its been a useful seat in a house full of family, and a prop for charades. Who knows what it will used for next? Exercise? Surely not!

No comments:

Post a Comment