Tuesday 18 November 2014

Into a Brave New World!

Blimey that was scary. As a technophobe I have no idea how this is going to work, but I'm writing a blog. Well, I hope I am. I could just be typing a document on my laptop, as this doesn't look too special right now. Having spent ages creating various accounts on google and stuff, I hope this is going to work.

So, the reason I have joined the blogging universe is simple. I have set a personal challenge and want people to know about it. In 5 months time I am going to do the Bath Beat, which is a 26.5 mile walk, and I'm not just doing it to lose that half a stone of fat that is now cuddling my otherwise shapely waist. I'm doing it because I want to do it for my friend's daughter, Katharine.

Katharine was diagnosed with ME when she was 14. This September Katharine celebrated her 21st birthday and chose to 'donate' her birthday to ME Research UK. Instead of gifts, she asked friends and family to donate money to the charity and held a proper old-fashioned tea party, raising a staggering £1,500. Look her up. Katharine Cheston’s blog. She’s really inspiring and I’m very proud of her.


Anyway. This is going to be a diary of my training for the Bath Beat, so tomorrow I will tell you how the walking is going.....As I said, one small step...




5 comments:

  1. Good luck!! sounds like you might need it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen you are a great friend. Thank you for doing this and I look forward to sharing the journey with you! Andrea x

    ReplyDelete